Dedicated to Helping You Heal BOOK YOUR FREE CONSULTATION

Pedestrian Accidents Attorney in Elgin, Illinois

Pedestrians Deserve More Protections

Liability can be highly contested in accidents involving cars and pedestrians. At James P. Leahy Attorney At Law in Elgin, Illinois, I offer a free initial consultation to answer your questions about liability and discuss your legal options if you are a pedestrian who has been hit by a car.

If I don’t believe you have a good case, I will tell you so. However, if I do believe you have a case, I will personally handle all aspects of your personal injury claim as your lawyer. I will help you gather evidence of liability and prepare your case for trial or settlement. I also handle cases of bicyclist death.

Who Has the Right of Way in A Car-Pedestrian Accident?

In Illinois, the driver has the right of way outside of a crosswalk. However, pedestrians have the right of way in crosswalks or at unmarked intersections. Whether a crosswalk is marked or not, motorists are supposed to stop at intersections and yield to pedestrians.

Seek Your Deserved Compensation


If you are injured because a driver did not give you the right of way, you are entitled to compensation for damages such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and permanent impairment. Family members who lose loved ones in fatal pedestrian accidents can seek compensation for medical expenses incurred prior to death, funeral expenses, lost financial support, lost services, and loss of companionship.

If the driver is uninsured or underinsured, or you are the victim of a hit-and-run accident, you can file an injury claim against your own UM/UIM coverage. Your auto insurance will cover you when you are injured in an accident involving a motor vehicle, whether you are driving your own vehicle, a rental car, a bicycle or you are a pedestrian.

Contact Illinois Pedestrian Injury Attorney James P. Leahy

I offer a free initial consultation to new clients. To speak to an Elgin pedestrian accident attorney, contact me by email or call my office.