A Defective Product Can Cause Devastating Injuries
Many deaths and serious injuries are caused in Illinois each year by dangerous and defective products. Product liability laws are designed not only to protect consumers from unsafe products but to compensate the victims.
At the Law Office of James P. Leahy in Elgin, Illinois, I offer a free initial consultation to answer your questions about product liability laws and discuss your legal options so that you can make informed decisions about what next steps you want to take.
What Are Dangerous Products?
A product may be considered dangerous or defective if it:
- Lacks sufficient safeguards, such as shields or guards, to protect you from being injured
- Lacks warnings about foreseeable dangers
- Is defective in design or manufacturing in a way that causes injuries
If you are injured while using a product in a manner in which it is intended to be used, you may have a product liability case. You may also have a case if you are using the product in a way that was not intended, as long as it is a use that could be reasonably foreseen and the product contained no warnings not to use it that way.
As your lawyer, I will give you an honest evaluation of your product liability case. If I don’t believe you have a case or I believe that the evidence is not strong, I will tell you so. If I do believe you have a case, I will personally handle all aspects of your personal injury claim, from gathering of all evidence of liability to the preparation for trial or settlement.
I handle all types of product defect injury cases, including:
- Defective auto parts, such as seat belts that fail to protect you
- Defective tires or wheel rims
- Defective consumer products
- Dangerous prescription drugs
- Dangerous children’s toys
- Defective appliances or tools
- Chemicals that cause injury
- Defective industrial equipment